Friday, January 29, 2010

Clovis meet winter, winter meet Clovis!

On Wednesday it was 60 degrees outside, and wonderful. However, the talk was about all the snow we were going to wake up to on Thursday. In the past, every time we have heard these forecasts we hope for a real snow storm and nothing much happens. During Wednesday night into the whee hours on Thursday morning, every time I got up to feed Averi I looked outside and all I saw was rain. Ryan woke up sometime around seven to get ready for work and woke me up to tell me it had definitely snowed. Some time between 5:30am and 7:30am the freezing rain had finally turned into snow. Under all this lovely white fluff is a nice thick sheet of ice! So we did what we never thought we could and literally stuffed the truck in the garage. I seriously didn't think it could ever work, but Ryan did it! This is truly a tight squeeze. There are only inches around each vehicle and the truck is pulled all the way in touching the motorcycle and the garage door still touches the bumper on the truck. Ryan needed to get in the Camaro this morning and he had to climb through the hatch. To get from the truck into the house we have to use the front door. For some reason, I find this all too funny!
(One of our frozen trees)

If there is mail in there, we won't be getting it anytime soon!


The upside to all of this, Ryan gets a four day weekend with his family!

2 comments:

Tina said...

Crazy!!! So glad to not be in Clovis right now! : ) Miss you guys, though.

Watts Family said...

Yeah for the snow.
And I can't wait to see you guys next week. We are going to have a blast. Do you need a place to stay?