Monday, March 31, 2008
Tornado's, AHHHHH!
All my life I have been afraid of tornado's. They just looked so scary on the TV. Last night we had our third encounter with a tornado warning. The first was on our way home from ASBC back in 2006. We were in Kentucky and Ryan and I both thought we were going to die. That was the worst weather I have ever seen in my life. The second time was in Florida and of course Ryan was stuck on base in lock down because of the tornado that struck about 30 miles from our house. Then last night we were awakened by the sirens going off around 2am and the wonderful automated voice telling us to seek shelter immediately. So I woke Ryan up, because of course he didn't hear a thing, and then I ran in and grabbed Kiera. Not having cable, we didn't know exactly how bad it was. So we sat in the bathroom for a few minutes then my gutsy husband wondered outside to take a look. He came back in and didn't go out again! Finally the siren stopped and we put Kiera back in bed. I got on the Internet to check things out and the national weather service reported tornado activity nearby. Then we were under a flood warning. It was raining like crazy. Fortunately, we got used to that kind of rain in Florida. I am so thankful to be safe and now the sun is shinning and Ryan is out flying. Crazy weather!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good to see that you all are alright! We woke up about the same time with sirens. There was nothing going on outside. So we went back to sleep.
Tell Danielle and Lance we said hello and congratulations. I didn't realize they were expecting.
Hope to see you soon!
Elana
Scary!! It sounds like from your post that you have been very busy. It is so amazing how fast they grow. Kiera has to be the cutest little girl ever!!!
I hate tornados too! We get tornado warnings a lot in the summer here! It's crazy! Glad you area safe! I don't sleep much if it's bad weather, I even have dreams that my family and I won't make it in the basement before it hits! The rainstorms are amazing aren't they! Never seen anything like it! I bet they are a lot worse where you live though.
Post a Comment